Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Nougat Strikes Back

After a long gap in posting, I am back.

For nearly a decade I have worked in the entertainment industry as a story and materials researcher. That work has all been for cable documentaries covering a variety of topics.  One of the topics that comes up a lot is space and extra terrestrials. Often those topics are sensationalized, or focused on pseudo science.



As a fan of Sci-Fi and legitimate space sciences as well, I tend to get frustrated at times with the direction taken by some of the shows I work on. I'm not against talk of aliens or UFO's but sometimes there is clearly a weak connection to the truth. Occasionally, there might be a story where something unusual does appear to be going on. However, as Carl Sagan said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

When there is a blur between what some believe, and pure science fiction, I still take enjoyment in thinking about the fictional in regards to the plausible. So many accounts of alien contact seem fictional, but I'm happy to run with the fictional aspect as long as we admit that it is fiction, Imagine how a more scientifically plausible encounter might be. The plausible version of the sensational, pseudo science story or of the Sci-Fi concept. This one idea has given me several ideas for posts on this site, including the most recent on on the plausibility of Galactic Empires. 

As my work is temporarily on hiatus, I now have some time to write about some of the ideas I've had. how to make that concept more realistic, and, if not realistic, perhaps just better Sci-Fi, cause lets be honest, some of the theories out there are not even GOOD Sci-Fi. We can do better, people.

I won't always post about Sci-Fi becoming reality, but that just seems to be on my mind lately.

Here's hoping I can post consistent for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment